How on-grid solar power plant works?
The solar systems can be classified into 3 different types based on their grid-connections. They’re on-grid, off-grid and hybrid systems which are a combination of both. The on-grid solar power plant is a solar energy generation system. It is connected to the utility grid. The electricity produced by the system is routed to the grid. From where it’s used to operate various appliances. Whatever the extra electricity is generated, it again sent back to the grid.
An on-grid solar energy system is very attractive than an off-grid system. In an on-grid system, solar energy is produced only the grid is out there. This power supply gets completely cut-off if in case the grid is out of reach. Hence, one must depend upon back-ups like DG sets for emergency power supply. The power shut down happens if in case of any safety and technical reasons are there.
Benefits of on-grid solar
- Zero Electricity Bills — Though the solar energy system is connected to the grid. The user has to pay only for the excess electricity he consumes. The bill generated on a monthly basis determines whether the buyer has any payments to be made. However, meanwhile, if the consumer utilizes less electricity. The excess supply is sent back in the grid.
- Easy maintenance — The on-grid solar energy system has the least number of parts along with simple installation. The elimination of batteries makes the maintenance quite easy.
- Passive income generation — With a connection to the grid, the consumer can charge. For the excess amount of electricity, he has generated. It eliminates your electricity bills. It also avails the value in cost benefits for the surplus electricity generated.
- On-grid solar systems are the foremost cost-effective and convenient to install. These are ideal systems for households. As the cost charged is often recovered easily. Through the extra power transmitted to the grid.
Required documents for on-grid subsidised system
- Last electricity bill
- Passport size photo
- Id proof- pan card / Adhar card / voting card
- Address proof-last home Tex receipt / Index 2 copy
- If property is rental then attach the copy of rent agreement
Price for solar rooftop